Re: Hiding PL/SQL source code

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:11:40 GMT

WRAP is what Oracle Corporation uses on its own code, so I suppose it must kinda sorta work.

(kidding, people)

Important safety tip: if you do go wrapping, it is absolutely, positively critical your source code management and tracking and module control practices, release practices and builds are 100% perfect, since once wrapped, you can't go in there with Frog or Lizard or Toad or whatever, or anything, and fix it on the fly.

So those perfect, tested system images in source code / SQL etc form better be vaulted somewhere very secure, otherwise you are doomed if a customer has a bug in a PL/SQL object that has been wrapped.

Just a hint.

RSH.