Re: How DBA stuff should a Developer learn?

From: James Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 23:57:12 GMT

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:54:33 -0400, "Ryan Gaffuri" <rkg100_at_erols.com> wrote:

A great DBA knows a lot about Developer work! I know of DBA's who are afraid of PL/SQL and scripting let alone PROC, OCI, or Java!

A great Developer knows a fair amount about "DBA" stuff. I have met developers who don't understand the relevance of the shared_pool and bind variables. The Kyte book will be very helpful. Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 17:57:12 CST