Re: Algorithm for calculating extent size in LMT

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:36:36 GMT

I think we are, possibly, all in agreement here. I can't imagine a single reason not to use uniform size.

But all of my testing indicates performance degredation with large numbers of extents. Given that those extents force multiple disk reads/writes as opposed to multiple contiguous extents. I have benchmarked it on an NT4SP5, Solaris Ultra, and an HP 9000 all giving the same result.

Daniel Morgan