Re: Algorithm for calculating extent size in LMT

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2002 11:15:25 -0800

Is this because the number of extents in the LMT goes above 30,000? Jonathan's book p.155 says the 64K bitmap header corresponds to 27,000 to 30,000 bits. Not sure how this is calculated. But he says if 64K is used up because you have too many extents, another map is created in the middle of the datafile and space management performance suffers a little.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com