Re: Oracle Cold Backup Shared tablespaces

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:35:14 -0600

A little clarification, please:

By 2 databases do you mean 2 instances ( separate init<sid>.ora file, separate control files and a unique tnsnames.ora alias entry) or 2 schemas ( object owners ( users with resource privs))..

Do they really share tablespaces or do they just use their own data files in the same directories?

The tablespace data files are not sufficient to restore the database - simple copying is not a practical solution( Look into Export/Import or RMAN)

You need to really understand the DBA concepts manual ( at a minimum ) to effectively manage an Oracle database...

BTW, what version of the Oracle and on what platform...