Re: listener.ora, tnsnames.ora

From: Ivan Andonov <iandonov_at_netscape.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2002 06:19:15 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:<a5vfmb$780$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>...
> What's wrong with notepad? All you do is find your existing listener.ora
> and tnsnames.ora in ORACLE_HOME\network\admin, and open them up in notepad
> and start typing.
>
> Regards
> HJR
> --
> Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com
> ===============================
>

> "Ivan Andonov" <iandonov_at_netscape.net> wrote in message
> > How can I add entries for new database in listener.ora and tnsname.ora
> > with command line tool??
> >
> > I am building Installshield setup for database for Oracle 9.
> > I can create instance with .bat file using ORADIM, and I can create
> > the database with SQLPLUS scripts, but I cannot add entries in
> > LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA
> >
> > Please HELP!!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ivan Andonov

You do not understand the situation:

I am building Setup for an Oracle database. I call ORADIM and SQLPLUS from InstallShield script - I have templates for .bat files and .slq scripts and when I want to add programmatically entries for my database in LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA, I cannot do it.

I must ask 'end user' to open this files and write in it. This is not good.
This is absurd!
And this is only Oracle!

Thanks
Ivan Andonov Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 08:19:15 CST