Re: Portal and CTXSYS.DR$INDEX_ERROR (size ????)

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:46:35 +0300

  1. check if you have ctxsrv running in background on your system - disable it if it does and the indexing will stop. Also, check if you have any Oracle jobs calling CTX_DDL.SYNC_INDEX() and disable them too.
  2. truncate drop storage the table (or delete from ctx_user_index_errors though this will keep the storage allocated). Inspect the errors in the table before doing so though - and try to fix the problem that causes indexing errors (this may be wrong path to indexed documents if you are using URL_DATASTORE, or some internal errors in which case it is advisable to install the latest patchset for the database server and then for interMedia Text if available and later than db server patchset).

And you didn't specify the version of Oracle you are using, neither you gave a sample error message you have in errors view - without this info our ability to help you is limited to our suggestions of what might be wrong (and there are many things that may go wrong in your case).

hth.