Re: connection concentration & tnsnames.ora practical use?

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 08:18:02 GMT

What exactly is the question?

CC is to replace or fend off home grown connection concentration mechanisms whose maintenance or even analysis is a horror.

Oracle Names is a good thing; make sure you have several Oracle Names servers in the structure.

OCM and OCC in my opinion, are to offer alternatives to homegrown stuff that people write in the middle tier because they feel they are smarter than Oracle.

In my experience so far, it has been Oracle 10-0 over homegrown.