Re: Alert log issue

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:11:18 +1100

Sorry, I meant to say...

The reason for asking about control_file_record_keep_time is that it defines the number of days that have to pass before one of the slots in the controlfile can be reused. If all slots are used, but that number of days hasn't elapsed, the controlfile dynamically acquires extra slots... up to a maximum of 65535.

Log switches in archive mode would use up slots, so if you are switching extremely frequently, you might use up lots of slots for them (though the mind boggles at having that many archives produced!). Another thing that might do it: are you using RMAN to do backups without a catalog database?

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com