Re: lost of redo logs

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2002 18:46:21 -0800

Howard,

   For inactive, I find that clearing the logs is easier than drop and create a new log groups.

   For active, if it is already archived, I still think leaving a gap/hole is not good. I normally try to issue a checkpoint and clear the log. If it is impossible, I do an incomplete recovery. Am I on the right track?

   I am a little blurr with active(archived) and active(not yet archived) cases!

  Allan W. Tham
  Oracle DBA Received on Sun Mar 03 2002 - 20:46:21 CST