Re: Algorithm for calculating extent size in LMT

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 23:07:00 GMT

Thanks for adding the clarification to my posting.

But I still see performance problems with large numbers of extents. Especially when doing things such as emptying a table with DELETE rather than TRUNCATE (something that is sometimes necessary). And to me a large number of exents is a sign that someone doesn't understand their schema or didn't take the time to calculate the size of a table and its data ... in short ... sloppy and unprofessional workmanship.

Daniel Morgan