Provider for VB6 SP5 with Oracle 8.1.5

From: Sylvie L'Heureux <sylvielh_at_cdrummond.qc.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 09:47:47 -0500

Hello

I get the following message when I'm trying to access Oracle via a program written inVB6 SP5 :
"Oracle client and networking components where not found. These components
are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed. Microsoft OleDB provider for Oracle. error no -2147467259".

I use Oracle version 8.1.5.0.2 et VB6 with SP5. I use the following adodb.connnection string in VB6 :
"provider=msdaora;....".

I have already use these connection string successfully ? The O/S is Windows 98.

Thank you,
Sylvie L'Heureux Received on Sun Mar 03 2002 - 08:47:47 CST