Re: Installation of Oracle 9i Personal

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:34:16 +1100

Which bit of the documentation that states that 9i Personal is certified for Windows 98, NT, 2000 and XP made you think that Windows ME was covered?

If you check
http://technet.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/content.html you'll see that ME is not listed at all as a supported O/S.

In fact, no Oracle product is certified for ME (and since it's a lousy operating system anyway, I'd recommend a quick upgrade to at least 2000).

(PS: don't crosspost. It annoys a lot of people).

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com
===============================

"Ira Rabinowitz" <ira.m.rabinowitz_at_verizon.net> wrote in message

> I'm trying to install Oracle 9i personal on a PC with Windows ME.
>
> Everything is ok except for the configuration tools.
>
> The "Oracle Database Configuration Assistant" fails. What is wrong?
>
> I am copying the details of the error message below.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> Ira Rabinowitz
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/inprise/vbroker/CORBA/Object
> at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Host.<init>(Host.java:437
> at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.UIHost.<init>(UIHost.java:151)
> at

oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.ProgressOnlyHost.<init>(ProgressOnlyHost.ja