Re: Another angle on this....

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2002 00:29:04 -0800

Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<usn7jihpt.fsf_at_rcn.com>...
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, no.spam_at_ntlworld.com wrote:
>
> > The "don't necessarilly see recent commited updates from other users"
> > thing explains more fully
>
> Can you point me to where this was written about? I was under the
> impression that once data was committed it was able to be seen by all.
> I'd like to be aware of when this isn't the case.

Take the Case of a Select Stmt that Started at Time A. And an Update Stmt that Started A+1. The Update Stmt Updated the Records and commited the same at A+2 Butthe select is still Running and once the select see the ITL on the Block it goes to The Rollback to get the Consitent View as of Time A and will not return u the commited record.

This is also given as an example for Ora-01555 Errors that arise out of select stmts.

HTH Regards,
Ganesh R Received on Sun Mar 03 2002 - 02:29:04 CST