ORA_1002 Error

From: YSHUANG <yshuang_at_mitac.com.tw>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:32:31 +0800

Hi every one here

My company had an old NCR server running Oracle 7.1.6 , and now we want to migrate this to Oracle 8.1.7.1

So we bought a new IBM server and 64 bit AIX first, and install a 64 bit Oracle 8.1.7.1 database

We cannot move AP program from old NCR server because of compatibility problem, so we had a temporary solution , move data only to IBM oracle 8.1.7.1 and leave the AP program on NCR . So, AP talks to NCR O7 and access data from IBM O8. DBLINK ,of course, will be the channel between two different Oracle server.

AP - > NCR Oracle 7.1.6 --DBLINK--> IBM Oeacle 8.1.7.1 --> DataStore.

That's what we want to implement in our LAB.

After we move data to IBM O8, we test AP program. and found many ora-1002 error.we asked Oracle support, they said that might be caused by Open Cursor Design in our ProC Package. something like compatibility problem between two different Oracle version.

Did anyone here had met this kind of problem??

Vincent Huang Received on Fri Mar 01 2002 - 21:32:31 CST