Re: Question about USER_ERRORS

From: RKG <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:32:56 -0400

Well I got the answer I was looking for from another poster and actually it is a valid question. Your response was extremely short sited. I generally develop in my own schema and then later move my database objects to the 'main'(I dont know the industry term for this) that the application is run on. On my current project, management does not want to be bothered with allowing every developer have his or her own schema. I have no say in this decision.

Therefore everyone is developing in one joint schema. Therefore when I had a compilation error and checked user_errors I noticed 85 errors in the view. Since I generally develop in my own schema I never thought about exactly what is in the table that this view is based on. Was it a log? Or was it just items that were 'in error' as Tom called them. So I wondered when or how they were filtered out. Im not a DBA, so Im not an expert in the data dictionary.