Veritas Netbackup Agent

From: pmatt69 <pmatt69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 19:22:05 -0500

We are performing a vendor evaluation for a data center wide backup solution. Veritas is one of the contenders. From their documentation if see that all is does is provide a nice interface to RMAN. This agent is remarkably expensive considering that a good set of scripts will do exactly what it does. Does anyone have experience with this tool? Is it worth $5,000 (the quote I have from my var)?

Thanks,

Matt Received on Fri Mar 01 2002 - 18:22:05 CST