Re: Checking health of standby database

From: Bass Chorng <bchorng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2002 10:25:36 -0800

"Chuck" <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<a5ir9b$7r3pk$1_at_ID-85580.news.dfncis.de>...
We use standby to create a 3rd database ( you can directly copy from it, it is just like it is in hot backup mode ). Then we perform export and backup from this 3rd database. This way you never need to open your standby and time window is never an issue.

This not only gives you backup but also provides a chance for heath check. Received on Fri Mar 01 2002 - 12:25:36 CST