Updating a row from values of another row within the same table.

From: Brett <brlewis_at_mail.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2002 09:28:00 -0800

Hello,
Off a before trigger event of a row, I need to update the description column of that row with a value of the description column of another row within the same table. The trigger calls a procedure and the procedure gets the "parent" description and assigns it to a variable. That variable is then used to update the description of the row that initiated the trigger. Every attempt, I get a mutating error. How can I assign the description of the "parent" row to a variable and turn around and apply that variable to the description of the "child" row?

Thank you Received on Fri Mar 01 2002 - 11:28:00 CST