How Compatible are Unix and Linux for Standby Feature?

From: Reza <reza_at_digital-dispatch.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:56:43 -0000

Hi Guys

I was thinking of implementing Standby configuration on a Linux machine for a Production System which is running on HP-UX 10.20.

I had few primitive questions.

1- Has anyone tried Standby database on Linux for a production database which is on Linux? Any specific points to be taken into account?

2- How compatible are two file systems on these two OS. Do I have to take any precaution on this?

Many thanks for any advise.

Regards

Reza Received on Fri Mar 01 2002 - 04:56:43 CST