analyze index and cost

From: achkar <kachkar_at_tablimited.com.au>
Date: 28 Feb 2002 17:07:12 -0800

Hi All ,

I have a big query , it takes 70 min to run , cost is 94819 , when I create and index ( XXX ) on one of the tables , the cost drops down to 53770 and takes 30 min to run , but when I do this : analyze index XXX compute statistics , the cost goes up to 94819 again , I dont understand why?

thanks in advance Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 19:07:12 CST