Re: java runtime missing error when trying to install Oracle

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:35:00 +1100

Most mysterious: a Microsoft operating system with forward slashes in its directory paths!

In truth: a few more details might help. Is this XP Pro or Home? How much memory? What sort of processor?

I can tell you, I've installed 9i repeatedly, working every time, without ever once needing to monkey around with the java runtime. The flippant answer to your question is therefore "insert CD and click install". Obviously, something's not quite right, though... I can only urge that you install on a fresh, clean Windows installation.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com