Re: assign a priority to a request

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:49:53 +1100

Fair enough. Bear in mind that 9i has a feature with Resource Manager whereby if a statement is estimated (by the Optimizer) to take longer than a certain amount of time, it can switch consumer group automatically. Normally, the idea would be to switch a long-running report into a lower-resourced group, but there's no reason why you shouldn't do it the other way round: switch a particularly-demanding job into a higher-resourced group so it gets it over and done with.

But yeah, that automated switching requires 9i.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com