Re: Quick Tale: Lost production database because of keyboard and Veritas Cluster Server

From: milkfilk <milkfilk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2002 15:14:50 -0800

"Viper" <viper_at_2ghz.net> wrote in message news:<u7rcbilsmt3pbf_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> Well I guess the first question is what Type of database are you useing? If

Oracle 8.1.7.00

> it is Oracle you should be able to recover that table space if not to badly
> damaged. If the DBF is screwed then did you have archive logging enabled?

Archivelog mode? We didn't have it set up. We are enabling it now. *shakes head*

What is meant by hot backups? We are doing full exports every night (CONSISTENT keyword enabled), we'll do archive log mode and we'll do cold file copies every week. Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 17:14:50 CST