Re: Quick Tale: Lost production database because of keyboard and Veritas Cluster Server

From: milkfilk <milkfilk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2002 15:10:27 -0800

> How are the machines interconnected and are you using Oracle's standby
> product or someone else's?

Veritas Cluster Agent. I think it's just a heartbeat / service starter & stopper basically.

> OPS requires a dual fiber link between the Suns and a dual connected shared
> RAID box, and the use of raw disk I/O, and costs a fair (meaning very
> substantial) bit of money. And, last time I checked in a vain effort to get
> my customer to use it, the price includes REQUIRED, no exceptions on-site
> Oracle support until your OPS is flying right. (Personally, I think that's a
> prudent move; it's bundled into the price anyway so you have no real
> choice.)

We have two fiber interfaces on each of two servers running to two storage arrays.

Server1
FCAL1 --> Array 1
FCAL2 --> Array 2

Server2
FCAL1 --> Array 1
FCAL2 --> Array 2

No hardware RAID. Not good, but affordable. Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 17:10:27 CST