Re: Data security

From: news libero <bettati_at_iinfinito.it>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:02:23 +0100

"RSH" <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:h9uf8.5711$106.355974_at_bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Andy, if you are saying your data you want to move is in Oracle 8.1.7 on
> your local machine, and you have another system running Oracle that you'd
> like to move it to, that's easy.
>
> Or are you saying you have a bunch of data on your machine that you want
> put into 8.1.7 on your machine?
>
> I'm unclear on this.
>
> If it is situation (A), that should be real simple.
>
> If it is situation (B), you need to create an empty table in your local
> database that structurally relates to whatever you want to load, then
write
> a sqlldr (SQL*LOADER) script to pull the data into your table.
>
> As far as protecting it, Oracle security is pretty good!
>
> So, where is your data now and what does it reside in?
>
> RSH.
> "news libero" <bettati_at_iinfinito.it> wrote in message
> > I have a 8.1.7 Oracle standard edition installed in a windows 2000
> > environment.
> > I have a table with few data, but critical for my company.
> > I would like to load this table in Oracle database. This table can be
> > accessed with an oracle user (by username and password). No other user
can
> > be access to the table, and nobody can do an export of data.
> > Which is the simple way? Any idea is accepted.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Andy.

Data must reside on a dedicated Oracle server. Data can be accessible through the LAN.
I know how put or modify data on Oracle db, my question is about security. If i create a user like 'example' with his password, and load table into it; how can i protect every kind of data access (exp, sqlplus, etc) on this user?

Best regards. Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 14:02:23 CST