Oracle 9i Enterprise Manager

From: <jkozak_at_mednetassociates.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:18:38 GMT

I'm very new to UNIX and Oracle (about two weeks), so if I ask something that may be in a manual, please refer me to a URL.

My question is regarding Oracle Enterprise Manager for Oracle 9i running on Sun Solaris 9.

I've done the installs of all the necessary components of Oracle9i, and am able to perform *simple* commands at the "SQL> "prompt as sysdba, and as a normal user.

The computer I am using contains the DB server and files. I'd like to be able to run a graphical session of Oracle Enterprise Manager on this same "sandbox" computer. Basically, I'm looking for the syntax to bring up the GUI session.

I've consulted many online FAQ's, the Oracle on-line "nohelp" files, and a QUE "Using Oracle 8/8i" book and have found many dead ends. I honestly have tried a lot of resources and am consulting this NG as a last resource. I know this is a RTFM post, and what I really need is an "Oracle for N00bz" but my boss will not be sending me to DBA training until June 2002.

I am willing to contribute my own time and effort back into this NG. I'm a quick learner--I've only been using this UNIX OS for two weeks and have gotten really far...

Thank you in advance for your help.

-John Kozak Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 12:18:38 CST