Re: Performance question: single datafile vs multiple datafiles

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:16:55 +0100

On 28 Feb 2002 07:50:12 -0800, dub_at_latnet.lv (Dub) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What is better from performance point of view - to extend existing
>single datafile or to add one more datafile?
>
>Assume I use the same physical disk.
>
>Any suggestions/links will be highly appreciated.
>
>BR,
>Dub

Apart from hitting the 2G limit, there is no reason to have multiple datafiles for a single tablespace on the same physical disk. It doesn't buy you anything apart from complaints about a too high dbwr_average_scan_depth.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 10:16:55 CST