Re: Newbie admin

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:14:43 +0100

On 28 Feb 2002 15:11:03 GMT, Chris Stoermer <nospam_at_someplace.usa> wrote:

>Howdy!
>
>I just finished an Applications 11i server install. Everything went fine,
>but I went to metalink to see what patches have been released since this
>release and found about 30.
>
>I tried posting on the Metalink forums, but nobody would reply.
>
>Does anybody know what patches are required after new installs and is there
>an inclusive patch that covers most issues, sort of like M$ service
>releases?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

Every patch comes with release notes.
The release notes outline

- what version is the minimum version it installs against
- whether the patch is cumulative
- which issues have been addressed

It is quite unlikely you need to install 30 patches, though with Applications I'm not too sure.

Hopefully it is not too daunting a task for you to read those release notes.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 10:14:43 CST