cannot find source of error compiling procedure.

From: Ed Stevens <Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:30:58 GMT

Platform: Oracle 8.0.5 SE on NT 4, sp6

I'm building a test version of one of our production db's. I did a "schema extraction" to get all of the tables, indexes, procedures, etc. from a particular schema. When I executed this DDL on the test database, everything went will except for compiling a few of the procedures. On the procedures, I got the error "ORA-04054: database link LN_NMMPDB.WORLD does not exist"

OK, that refers to a link to a production database, so I'll just change to reference to point to the proper link in the test environment. BUT . . . I can't find any occurance of the string "LN_NMMPDB" anywhere in the DDL!

So if the DDL has no mention of LN_NMMPDB, why would the compile fail because LN_NMMPDB does not exist?

Sitting on a park bench, feeding the birds and drooling on myself is looking better all the time . . .

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)