Rman Database Identifier Problem

From: Choco <chocolat_at_brusseler.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:00:32 +0100

Hi all,

I use Oracle 8.1.7 on AIX.
I have manually copy database files to create a new one on another server, let's say TEST to PROD.
When I try to register my new PROD database, it used the same DB_ID that the TEST one... and rman becomes inusable.

The manual said : use rman duplicate command to copy your DB, but it's too late for me because my PROD DB is already online and in use....

Is there an other solution than using a new recovery catalog with a new schema name to avoid my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Choco. Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 07:00:32 CST