Multiple service names for a single instance?

From: Janne Keskitalo <Janne.Keskitalo_at_oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:41:54 +0200

Is it possible to configure listener.ora so that clients can connect to a single database instance with two different service_name parameters and port numbers? One of our customers has hard coded connection parameters in their servlets and we are planning to move the schema to a new 9i database which has different db-name and port number than the original. We can't rename the new instance, because it is in production and contains other mission critical applications. My second option is to create another new instance which has the same name and port number as the original instance, but I would really like to use the existing one.

--
JKe