Re: Quick Tale: Lost production database because of keyboard and Veritas Cluster Server

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:04:05 GMT

I sincerely apologize to those that tried to offer advise to this guy instead of making him feel bad; a lot of my work for many years has been mentoring junior programmers, DBA's, System Administrators and such, and I reacted viscerally and without distinction in a fit of rage. (And I didn't even eat any Twinkies; that got Dan White or whatever his name is off when he was tried for murdering the Mayor of SF and that other politician that was gay.) [Gay? In San Francisco? I'm shocked!]

But I was wrong to blast everyone and I do hope you accept my apology.

I've spent many (maybe too many) years in IT as a manager and a do-er, and a lot of people helped me along the way, and none of them ever lorded it over me that they were smarter or had more degrees or made fun of me for not knowing something that "everybody knows", I guess that rubbed off.

Again, I am quite contrite about blasting everyone like that; it was terribly unprofessional of me. I can send a pound of flesh packed in dry ice by FedEx to anybody needing more of an apology; I could stand to lose the weight.

RSH. Received on Thu Feb 28 2002 - 03:04:05 CST