Re: Quick Tale: Lost production database because of keyboard and Veritas Cluster Server

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:09:13 GMT

I forgot about those!! Age is creeping up on me. Well at least I did say 'something approved by Sun' and 'make sure you test it'... sigh.

Well regardless, (what IS this STOP-A stuff? I never heard it before, what is it in ASCII... rut roh, please don't tell me they changed ASCII?!!), the poor guy didn't do this on purpose, I don't believe; and you do have to admit regardless, that any single signal shouldn't trigger a mess like this without some 'are you really sure you want to create weeks of Hell for everyone in IT' screen, instead of dropping the system instantly. A physical button on the machine itself, okay. But not a signal that can be generated so easily and unintentionally, and that can't be redefined by the customer and at least be more than one keystroke separating life and death.