Wierd slow "comment"

From: broom <broom_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2002 18:19:44 -0800

I'm doing a scripted install of Oracle 9.0.1 on Solaris 8. All my files are Veritas qio. 4 CPU Ultra 450. 2GB memory.

I decided to watch, and discovered something amazing.

When I run CreateDBCatalog.sql, there is a huge lag between each comment, as in:

SQL> comment on column DBA_INDEXTYPES.INDEXTYPE_NAME is   2 'Name of the indextype'
  3 /

Comment created.

SQL> comment on column DBA_INDEXTYPES.IMPLEMENTATION_SCHEMA is   2 'Name of the schema for indextype implementation'   3 /

Comment created.

SQL> comment on column DBA_INDEXTYPES.IMPLEMENTATION_NAME is   2 'Name of indextype implementation'
  3 /

I can wait 2 minutes between each of the above statements.

Any ideas? Received on Wed Feb 27 2002 - 20:19:44 CST