Re: Database file configuration for backup/recovery

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:18:02 +1100

It's true that in 8i, log_cjeckpoint_timeout (for example) doesn't mean "10 seconds are up, so let's checkpoint", but "where was I ten seconds ago, I'll checkpoint up to that point". Not sure that turns it into a dribbler, though... fast_start_io_target does that, for sure.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com