DBMS_PROFILER and Windows NT 4.0

From: Tom Hopkins <thopkins_at_coderiver.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2002 13:03:02 -0800

I am using oracle 8.1.7 and the dbms_profiler package. The times seem like they are about 1000 times to big.

1. Anybody else have this problem?
2. Is there a scale factor that can be used to fix this?
3. How is it possible to get the resolution advertised?  My machine is
a Pentium 2 450 mhz so I would think the fastest time would be 2.2 nanoseconds (if you could actually capture that) This is twice as big as the smallest time that can be measured using the profiler (supposedly). Perhaps this is why the times are off?

Thanks! Received on Wed Feb 27 2002 - 15:03:02 CST