No access to instances after adding to Active Directory-Domain

From: Thomas Wenzl <thomas.wenzl_at_riwa-gis.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:15:17 +0100

Hello together,

here are more details to my posting "Oracle doesn't work correctly after adding ther server to an Win2k domain" in comp.databases.oracle. misc two days ago.

You can find the original post at the foot of this posting.

The Windows 2000 Oracle server works as a standalone server, but was also added to an NT 4.0 domain two weeks before.

As the server worked in the NT 4.0 domain, there were no problems with the oracle instances. But, as I've already written, after adding the Windows 2000 server to an Active Directory domain, in which the server acts as a member server, the access to the oracle instances wasn't possible. All the services weren't started automatically, but the access from, for example, SQL Worksheet, wasn't possible.

The differences between the time as the server worked in the NT 4.0 domain and the time ther server was added to the Active Directory domain are following:

I don't know where else I can look for solving this very important problem.

I'm very pleased with every hint you may give me... :-)

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Thomas

PS: Sorry for my bad English!

Original Posting in comp.databases.oracle.misc on 2002-02-25:

Hello together,

after adding the win2k server, running the oracle 8.1.7, to our global active directory domain (the server was running as an standalone win2k server before), my colleague complained about following behavior:

The access to an oracle instance on this server over dba studio wasn't possible an he was treated to login as sysdba. The oracle service was started after the reboot (running under the local system account)

The server only acts as a member server and not as a domain controller. Therfore all local users weren't deleted and logging in as a local user was still possible.

He directly removed the server from the Active Directory domain and oracle works again *strange*

Every hint would be appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!!

Best regards,

Thomas Received on Wed Feb 27 2002 - 09:15:17 CST