How to move activie redo log ?

From: kw <none_at_nowhere.where>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:22:01 +0100

Hi all

I moved database between 2 Win2000 boxes as ordinary files after clean shutdown.
Everything goes ok, but on 1'st box my redo was on drive h: and on 2'nd there was no such drive!
Moving data files and not active redo log works ok, but if i try to move that active
it give me error (couldn't find redo log at original location - h:) I couldn’t even switch logfile to new one on proper location or do anything else!!!

Fortunately there was some space on box2 and after creating drive h: and moving redo
database works normal, but I wonder what to do if I couldn’t create drive h: on box2 nor move redo on box1 ?

ENV:
Win2000, OEE 8.1.7 in Archivelog

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Feb 27 2002 - 07:22:01 CST