Performance decrease dramaticcaly by using statistics

From: Gijanto, Ruud <RGijanto_at_ctgzorg.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:26:15 +0100

The desire of CBO to do a full table scans is may the explain why it took longer than rule-base. In several situation by using the explain plan with statistics I saw more full table scans by CBO than by RULE BASE.
Rule base use directly the indexes and the I/O of de machine is still faster by a new generation hardware and the CBO technology is (HJR said it) from 1994 and we living know in 2002. A shame for Oracle. To make a transactions performance 10% better is already too difficult. I have to do a job to make the performace with statistics al least 2500% better and when I reached that goal is the performance equal that it was. After that .... Impossible work.

Ruud