Re: Migration from INGRESS to Oracle

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:09:07 GMT

You can either dump it out as ASCII files and import it using SQL*Loader or purchase the transparent gateway product from Oracle and interface the systems.

What bothers me is that you don't appear to know Oracle well enough to know this ... which makes it easy to conclude that you likely don't understand Oracle well enough to do it well. If that is the case get someone that is a very experienced Oracle Development DBA to act as a consultant on the project.

Daniel Morgan