Would this be a bottleneck?

From: Buffy The Cache Coder <buffcoder_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2002 09:23:46 -0800

I need to know if the following is a good idea. Or would it be a performance bottleneck.

I have upto 100 programs running at once that make logs. And, I need an 'overseer' program that tracks the logs. And possibly gives updates to an enduser based on
log entries.

Instead of having 100 files to track, I could have all 100 programs insert log entries into a log table on Oracle. This would make it much easier for an 'overseer' program to track what is going on.

The question is, would this be a serious performance bottleneck. Keep in mind
the log table is used just for inserting, rarely any updating, and periodical reading.

comment? thoughts? suggestions?

thanks in advance. Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 11:23:46 CST