Re: backup Oracle 9i on Win 2K server

From: Andrew Tompkins <andrew.tompkins_at_jjmackay.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:13:30 GMT

Ok. All I am concerned about is the cold backup. We don't have a production database (it is only for development testing) so backup of every single transaction is not necessary. If there is a better way to shut down the instances then what is it?? Can it be done automatically??

Thanks for all the replies.

Andrew

"Paul Brewer" <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk> wrote in message news:3c740090_1_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...
> Andrew,
>
> Well, there's a lot to this, and you really do need to do some reading.
But