Proc*C/C++ compile question

From: Andy Torble <andy.torble_at_t2consulting.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:11:21 +0000

Hi people,

I'm trying to advise a friend on using Pro*C/C++ on 8.0.4 on Unix as was wondering if its possible to compile a series of source files in a single invocation to make (I'm not too familiar with how make works with pro*c).

The condition I have is a single executable which references functions/methods in a number of other pro*c/c++ files ie:

        target.pc uses object1.pc, object2.pc etc (there are no interdependencies between the objectx.pc files).

So I would like to be able to call make thus:

        make -f$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/demo_proc.mk cppbuild EXE=target

and have it compile object1.pc, object2.pc then target.pc.

Will this work and if not is there another syntax that I can use that would mean not having to call make multiple times.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Unix box to test my theory - hence this posting.

Thanks in advance.

Andy Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 06:11:21 CST