Better one big trigger or many small?

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 26 Feb 2002 03:29:21 -0800

I am wondering about the benefits of creating one big trigger (i.e. AFTER INSERT, UPDATE OR DELETE) instead of creating many small triggers ( AFTER INSERT, AFTER INSERT, AFTER DELETE) per table. I think the performance will be better with the three small ones, but I'm not sure.
Another side to concern is the amount of triggers (three or more per table), with the complications of maintenance for all of them.

Advices will be appreciated.

Thanks & regards from Spain. Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 05:29:21 CST