Performance decrease dramaticcaly by using statistics

From: Gijanto, Ruud <RGijanto_at_ctgzorg.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:57:32 +0100

First of all, thanks for your hints.
Yes, all statistics is complete and up to date. I have been used your hints in combination with statistics and the performance is back to excellence. The same when I delete the statistics.
Of course I have to tune the application, but what I don't understand is that
Oracle always said to used the statistics to have better performance independent from what
the application do.
Could you tell me what the database exactly doing when the statistics is filled and which database resources the transactions used. I'm a DBA and first what I'm to find out is if the database wel tuned or not.

Thanks,
Ruud