Re: VB6 Oracle Connection without installing Oracle Client..

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:36:27 -0000

The only connection method that does not require a client is JDBC (thin). Of course this somewhat rules out ADO/VB.

<personal rant>
It always annoys me when people want an ado connection without a client. Do you ever find people saying i'd like a connection to sql server but without installing the relevant sql server libraries (if the OS hasn't already done that). generally speaking client server databse systems need both a client and a server - can it really be that hard to understand

</personal rant>

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA