sQLPLUS SELECT PROBLEM

From: Ronald D. Jeremy <NO_SPAM_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2002 21:34:54 GMT

I did a "select * from table" command on sqlplus.

It seems to freeze at certain a certain record. I did a shutdown and startup on the database and I still have the problem.

I would have to delete the entire table and start again to get back to normal processing of select statements.

I have processes inserting and updating to the database at times. If there is some locking issue, would it be solved by just shuting down the database and restarting?

What could this be? It persists even after any reads or writes to the table has stopped.

Thanks Received on Mon Feb 25 2002 - 15:34:54 CST