Re: Database file configuration for backup/recovery

From: Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:12:48 -0000

Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:V24e8.28567$hM6.3678545_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> failure than in the last 2 hours, so I would go for a checkpoint timeout
in
> that case.

Doh!

Of course, as someone else pointed out, checkpoint timeout is irrelevant to this discussion.

I do, however, have a question.

Has anyone actually tested the impact of these parameters on recovery time?

As I said, I have in the past attempted to find a penalty associated with larger logs, but always with checkpoint interval set high and checkpoint timeout set to 0. While I'm happy enough to believe that my testing matches by theorising about limiting factors affecting restart time, I can't help wondering if there's something I've missed.

Any suggestions? Received on Mon Feb 25 2002 - 15:12:48 CST