Re: Oracle IntermediaText

From: Thomas Hesse <thomas.hesse_at_team.xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:46:43 +1300

Hi,

from the Intermedia Text side you can index documents via FILE_DATASTORE or URL_DATASTORE, that
means you have a table like this

filename-table

/remoteserver/documents/docu1.pdf
/remoteserver/documents/docu2.pdf

or
URL-table

http://remoteserver/documents/docu1.pdf
http://remoteserver/documents/docu2.pdf

Then you can build an Text Index on it and retrieve the filenames from the other database via a database link (select filename from table_at_remote where contains(index,'token')>0;

You have then write an application which inserts/updates the table if there are any changes in the files.

I recommend to use 8.1.7 with latest patchset. (pdf 1.3) If you have pdf 1.4 you have to wait for 9i Version 2.

Cheers
Thomas